Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We are happy to report that we do not have any cases of COVID-19 at Oliver Lodge.
Oliver Lodge is committed to protecting the health and safety of our residents, team members and families.
At this time:
- We are following all necessary public health measures that are in place.
- Please be assured you will be contacted if there are any changes in your loved one’s condition.
- Please be assured you will be contacted if your loved one is directly impacted by COVID-19.
We thank-you for your patience during this stressful time and we will share appropriate information with you as it becomes available.
Family Presence Change
Under direction by the Saskatchewan Health Authority, effective January 7th at 8:00 am, visitor/family presence will be temporarily limited to Level 1 family presence at Oliver Lodge.
The Saskatoon IHICC Family Presence review team met on January 4th. The decision was made that all long term care homes in Saskatoon and surrounding areas will move temporarily to Level 1 family presence as a precautionary measure while we better understand the impacts of Omicron outbreaks in long term care. At Level 1, two essential family/support persons can be designated for each resident.
If your loved one’s Designated Visitors have not been named yet, the Legal Decision Maker (LDM)/Power of Attorney (POA) is asked to contact Oliver Lodge by emailing OliverLodgeDesignatedVisitors@gmail.com or by calling 306-986-5488 and provide their loved one’s name and the name of up to two Designated Visitors. If there is no change from your previous Designated Visitors, you do not need to contact us.
Only one Designated Visitor may be present in the building at a time starting January 7th at 8:00 am. Visiting hours remain the same.
NOTE: For end-of-life or palliative care; more than two essential family/support persons can be designated and two essential family/support persons can be present at the same time
Please share this information with individuals who have been visiting your loved one.
Oliver Lodge Visiting Guidelines:
- All visitors must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (2 weeks post 2nd dose) or present a negative Covid-19 PCR or Antigen test result taken with the last 72 hours from an approved third-party provider (PCR or Antigen).
|Photo ID examples||Non-Photo ID examples|
|· Driver’s License||· Birth Certificate|
|· Government issued ID Card||· Permanent or Temporary Resident Card|
|· Treaty Status Card or Metis Citizenship Card||· Health Card|
|· Passport||· Student Card|
|· Student Card||· Vehicle Registration|
|· Work ID||· Library Card|
- One piece of photo ID or two pieces of non-photo ID will also be required.
- Visits will take place in the resident’s room.
- Masking is required at ALL times by visitors. This includes wearing a mask while in the resident’s room – even when the door is closed.
- Visitors are not allowed to consume food or beverages during their visit as masks must remain on during the entire visit.
- Visiting Hours:
- Monday-Friday – 1:30pm-7:00pm (must screened in by 7:00pm)
- Saturday & Sunday – 9:30am-7:00pm (must screened in by 7:00pm)
- Statutory Holidays – 9:30am-7:00pm (must screened in by 7:00pm)
Approved Third Party Providers for Negative tests (fee required):
- Bridges Health
- Canadian Corps of Commissionaires
- Enhanced Life Ltd.
- ERFM Training & Supplies
- First Aid for Life Consulting and Training
- Nobel HSSE, One Stop Services Ltd.
- Prairie Industrial Health Services
- Quantum Genetix
The lab will provide you with a verified, negative test certificate, including your name, birthday, type of test, date and time of sample collection, test result, and will be signed by the test operator. You will also need one piece of government issued photo ID or two pieces of non-photo ID to present at the same time as presenting your negative test result prior to visiting.
Oliver Lodge will no longer be scheduling outdoor visits. If you wish to have an outdoor visit with your loved one, you are welcome to take your loved one out of the building. There are two visiting spots available at the front of the building on the Rocky Rochelle Patio and a spot available at the Oliver Lodge South entrance.
For the safety of your loved ones, we encourage all visitors to wear medical grade masks and maintain proper physical distancing during all visits.
All virtual visits moving forward as of July 27th will be cancelled unless they have been recently pre-arranged by Recreation or Spiritual Care. Visitors are able to come in house to see their loved ones and we will no longer be offering Virtual Visits to individuals who are able to come to Oliver Lodge for an in-person visit. If you are not in a position to be able to visit your loved one in-person, please contact the appropriate Recreation Coordinator to discuss options.
|Oliver Lodge South||Karen||306-986-5487|
|Spiritual Care||Rev. Darren Wooff||306-986-5467|
Please send your letters and pictures to your loved one to email@example.com. These letters are printed off each business day and delivered to the residents.
We thank you for your patience and understanding of the measures we have in place to protect those we serve. Updates will be provided as information becomes available.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.