Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We are happy to report that we do not have any active cases of COVID-19 at Oliver Lodge.
Oliver Lodge is committed to protecting the health and safety of our residents, team members and families.
Residents must wear a medical grade face mask at all times when they leave their room. We will continue to be diligent in keeping everyone safe and hope that the rest of the restrictions will be lifted soon.
At this time:
- We are following all necessary public health measures that are in place.
- Please be assured you will be contacted if there are any changes in your loved one’s condition.
- Please be assured you will be contacted if your loved one is directly impacted by COVID-19.
We thank-you for your patience during this stressful time and we will share appropriate information with you as it becomes available.
Oliver Lodge recognizes that it is important to keep residents and families connected to their loved ones as much as possible, while working safely to protect residents from contracting COVID-19.
Currently the following options are available:
As you can see from the set of rules below, the public health order now considers vaccination rates when determining family presence in long term care.
In order to be able to have visitors return to Oliver Lodge, 90% of the residents must be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means someone has received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and it has been at least three weeks since their last dose.
Oliver Lodge’s vaccine rate is currently 88%. Our vaccination rates will change in the future as new residents move in or as others receive their second dose of the vaccine. We will keep you informed with any changes to family presence in our home.
Oliver Lodge have resumed. Visits are available Monday through Friday. There are no visits available on statutory holidays. We will be opening some Sunday visits – May 30th, June 6th and June 20th (Father’s Day). Our hopes are that the Sunday visits times will be filled by individuals who are unable to visit during our weekday visit times. Visit times are 10:00, 11:00, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30.
Please read through the following guidelines for how we will be offering this process. Please be respectful to the staff and the guidelines that have been set. We are doing our best to follow the Public Health Order and the guidelines provided to us by the Saskatchewan Health Authority.
OUTDOOR VISITS GUIDELINES
- Visits will be scheduled in advance. Please call 306-986-5488 and leave a message that includes your name and phone number as well as your loved one’s name and their room number. We will return your call as we are able.
- Please allow up to 3 business days for your call to be returned. Please do not call back if you miss a call from Oliver Lodge unless asked to do so. Multiple messages delay the process of returning calls and booking visits.
- Fully vaccinated residents (3 weeks post 2nd shot) may have a maximum of 4 visitors at one time from a maximum of 2 households. The 2 households must remain 6 feet apart from each other and 6 feet from their loved one at all times.
- Unvaccinated residents can meet with up to four fully vaccinated (3 weeks post 2nd shot) visitors. Unvaccinated residents cannot participate in outdoor visitation with unvaccinated visitors unless the visitor is one of the two designates named by the resident/power of attorney.
- Visits will be limited to a maximum of 45 minutes to allow time to disinfect prior to the following visit.
- If there is inclement weather, visits will be cancelled and you will be contacted to reschedule.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled visit and practice social distancing with all other visitors. All visitors will complete a COVID-19 screening.
- Please park in visitor parking or on the street. DO NOT enter the building. All screening and visits will take place outside. A staff member will greet you and provide you with instructions.
- Medical grade masks must be properly worn by all visitors during the entire visit – over the nose and under the chin. If you do not have a medical grade mask, one will be provide for you to wear.
- Food and beverages are not to be consumed during the visit as masks must remain on at all times.
- In order to keep your loved one safe, you will not be able to touch them during your visit. A minimum of 6 feet (2 meters) distance must be maintained at all times.
- There will be NO access to washrooms during your visit.
- Items for your loved one may be placed on the delivery cart for staff to disinfect/quarantine prior to being delivered to your loved one. You are unable to give items directly to your loved one during the visit.
Failure to follow these guidelines
can impact future outdoor and indoor visits.
Item Drop Offs for Residents – 7 days a week from 9:00am – 9:00pm.
Please make sure that items are well labeled with your loved one’s name, room number, and what items are in the package. Food items, that are not in their original packaging, need to be placed in a clear plastic container.
Items are delivered to the residents Monday – Friday mornings. Items that are dropped off Friday to Sunday will not be delivered to the resident until the following business day. Items are not delivered to residents on statutory holidays.
Items are left on the cart at your own risk. Please be mindful when dropping off perishable items as items can be on the cart for a period of time prior to being addressed.
Until the weather warms up in the spring we are unable to accommodate outdoor visits. Virtual Visiting is an alternative solution that we are able to offer. If you are interested in scheduling a video chat with your loved one, please contact the Recreation Coordinator in your loved one’s area or Rev. Darren Wooff. They may not be able to answer your call, but leave a message and they will return your call as soon as they can.
|Oliver Lodge South||Karen||306-986-5487|
|Spiritual Care||Rev. Darren Wooff||306-986-5467|
Please send your letters and pictures to your loved one to email@example.com. These letters are printed off each business day and delivered to the residents.
We thank you for your patience and understanding of the measures we have in place to protect those we serve. Updates will be provided as information becomes available.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.