Sometimes there just isn’t enough time in the day to do all the little extras we would like to do for our residents. We are fortunate to have so many caring, dedicated people come to our home on a regular basis to help us with those little extras that can make life special for our residents. They volunteer their time and their talents to celebrate the lives of everyone at Oliver Lodge. They are hardworking and dependable, with a number who have been volunteering for many years.
Volunteers enable our residents to maintain an important link with the community. The volunteer brings the community into the home, offering new friendships and experiences.
Our Volunteers are one of our most valuable resources. They are an essential part of our team and enhance the quality of life of our residents.
Volunteer contributions at Oliver Lodge:
- Enrich the lives of the residents
- Compliment the work of the staff
- Provide social contact
- Bring new meaning, abilities, and friends to your life
- Help restore and maintain residents’ self-worth and dignity
- Musicians of all kinds (piano players, guitar players, singers, etc.)
- Walking program assistants
- Recreation program assistants
- Mealtime assistance
- Friendly visitors
We can work with your skill sets to find or create the perfect volunteer position!
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
- Complete the online application form with as much detail as possible. (A hard copy can be obtained, if required, by calling 306-986-5471 or by emailing Kristen.email@example.com.)
Online application form
- You will be contacted by email (or phone call) once the application form has been received.
- Two Reference Forms will need to be completed. They will be emailed to you or a hard copy will be provided. These are to be completed and returned to Oliver Lodge either by you or the reference themselves.
- You will also be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check. All Saskatchewan Health Authority volunteers require a Criminal Record Check. A letter will be provided to be shown at the Saskatoon Police Services when applying in order to receive it free of charge. Two pieces of identification (one must be photo) are required. If you do not reside in Saskatoon, you will need to contact your local RCMP/Police detachment.
- The final step is to meet with the Director of Recreation and Volunteer Services. Call to arrange a mutually convenient appointment. At this time, we will talk about your interests and availability and how they may fit with the volunteer opportunities at Oliver Lodge. We will provide an orientation to Oliver Lodge. This will take approximately 45 minutes. Training to specific assignments will also be provided.